The Introduction to Food Safety series is divided into three courses. All of the courses and supplementary materials are free, including the Final Quiz and IDDBA Job Guides.
Course 1: Personal Hygiene - Free Download
Personal hygiene is one of the most important tasks of a food handler. In this course, you'll learn:
- How to properly wash hands.
- When to wash hands.
- Proper uniforms.
- When to stay home from work when ill.
Course 2: Department Cleanliness - Free Download
Department sanitation is another vital link in keeping food safe. In this course, you'll learn:
- How to clean & sanitize work surfaces.
- About washing & sanitizing in a three-compartment sink.
- When to clean & sanitize.
Course 3: Proper Food Handling - Free Download
Understanding potential pathogens and contaminants in food is the first step in learning to control them and provide safe food. In this course, you'll learn:
- What are the major types of food pathogens and contaminants?
- What are Time and Temperature Controlled for Safety (TCS) foods?
- What conditions support pathogen growth?
- Time & Temperature Danger Zone.
- Proper food cooking, holding & storage.
- First-in, First-Out (FIFO) stock rotation.
Final Quiz - Free Download
The Final Quiz and answer key will reinforce what associates have learned throughout the series. From here, they will be able to put to good use the new skill sets they've learned ensuring the safety of the department's products and the cleanliness of the department.