Information Session: Traceability for Dairy, Deli, & Bakery - US Implementation Guide
The dairy, deli, and bakery industries are working collaboratively to address product traceability challenges not only to improve food safety for consumers, but also to streamline business processes throughout the supply chain—by leveraging GS1 Standards.
The International Dairy, Deli, & Bakery Association, the International Dairy Foods Association and GS1 US hosted a free information session webinar on Wednesday, November 28.
During the session, the following topics were reviewed:
- Purpose of the guide
- Traceability principles
- Item & case level traceability practices and requirements
- Applications of future & existing technologies
The content of the webinar is now available for download in audio or as an on-demand webinar.
The draft copy of the Traceability for Dairy, Deli, & Bakery U.S. Implementation Guide was developed with input from a wide range of industry representatives, and this session provided participants the opportunity to provide additional feedback and endorsement for final publication.
There are also a variety of GS1 Standards implementation tools and resources available on the GS1 US website. Some of the more popular links include:
- Dairy, Deli, & Bakery Webpage – There's a link to the Powerpoint presentation at the bottom of the page in the "Learn more" section.
- Consumer Packaged Goods/Grocery Webpage
- Application of GS1 Standards use in the fresh foods industry and consumer packaged goods/grocery industry
- Links to other sector traceability guides and "How to" documents, white papers and cases studies highlighting the use of GS1 Standards in traceability processes
- Information on attending the 2013 GS1 Connect conference for more opportunities for standards education and networking